Among a few RDBMS, MySQL and PostgreSQL are exceptionally well known with rich arrangement of organization tools and programming APIs. Be that as it may, the PostgreSQL has a few essential advantage over MySQL:
- it is completely agreed to ANSI SQL standard
- Works with a few models of ordering
- provides nonconcurrent submit
- supports both synchronous and nonconcurrent replication
This is one of the reason that numerous business and associations lean towards moving their databases from MySQL to Postgres.
When all is said in done, the movement of database incorporates the accompanying advances:
– Extract table definitions from the source MySQL database in type of DDL SQL statements
– Convert these statements into the goal arrangement and load into the objective database
– Export data from MySQL database into a middle storage (for instance, csv documents)
– Transform the data as per the goal arrangement and load it into Postgres database
– Extract sees, stored techniques and triggers from MySQL database in type of SQL statements and source code
– Convert these statements and source code into the goal arrangement and load into PostgreSQL database
– Check that all database objects have been converted legitimately
The Process of moving database from MySQL to Postgres requires a great deal of work when it’s set physically. Additionally, it accompanies a high danger of loss of data or debasement because of human factor. It is prudent to utilize devoted programming that empowers you to automate the change technique.
One of those tools incorporates MySQL to PostgreSQL made by Intelligent Converters; A product organization that has some expertise in offering answers for database change, relocation and synchronization since 2001. Their MySQL to Postgres converter conveys marvelous execution (around 10,000 records for every second of normal present day framework) because of direct perusing and composing of data with no middleware libraries or segments. The product bolsters each variant of MySQL and PostgreSQL including cloud arrangements. It likewise offers order line form that automate and calendar database transformation.
Do you have to move just certain records to the goal database? Don’t worry about it, the tool permits to channel data through SELECT inquiries. With this choice, it is conceivable to choose specific segments and records or even change the data previously converting it into PostgreSQL organize. Here is a couple of cases of utilizing this component for various purposes.
- Filtering records: SELECT * FROM TheTable WHERE IdColumn< 300
- Select and rename singular sections: SELECT col1 AS LastName, col2 as CellPhone FROM TheTable
- Skip NULL esteems: SELECT * FROM TheTable WHERE Details IS NOT NULL
In some cases it is important to change section compose in the subsequent database. For this reason MySQL to PostgreSQL converter gives highlight called “custom section mapping”. It is a discourse window that permits to change name, type, default esteem and NULL-property for any segment of table and in addition reject certain segments from transformation.
In the event that the objective PostgreSQL server does not permit remote association, the program gives choice to export the data into SQL content. In this approach source database is exported into nearby document containing SQL-statements to make tables with all lists and limitations and fill them with the data. At that point database administrator can import the content document to PostgreSQL server the standard tools like psql or phpPgAdmin.
You can also learn more about the MySQL to PostgreSQL, by visiting the official item site: https://www.convert-in.com/mysql-to-postgres.htm